Exposed: The Art and Science of Emotive Clinical and Laboratory Dental Photography & Squid vs Whale: Surviving the Epic Struggle Between Clinician and Technician
In the morning…
Exposed: The Art and Science of Emotive Clinical and Laboratory Dental Photography
This course is aimed at the clinician/technician/assistant who would like to elevate their skills with a digital single reflex lens (DSLR), mirrorless, or smartphone camera. No experience is necessary. Theory and hands-on course work will allow even the novice photographer to produce professional level photographs within a few hours of instruction, enabling the user an easy method for marketing their dental practice to potential patients, or dental laboratory to potential clients. Basics of lighting, camera gear, lenses, and composition are covered, and cost-effective ways to acquire all the necessary tools and equipment are explained in detail.
- List the tactics and techniques that can be used with dental photography to communicate with dentists, patients, and potential clients.
- Analyze the final results of various photographs made with both professional and consumer level equipment.
- Improve current skills through demonstrated dental photography exercises.
- Create a portfolio of case studies to share with colleagues that will showcase your ability to document with dental photography.
In the afternoon…
Squid vs Whale: Surviving the Epic Struggle Between Clinician and Technician
The mandate on today’s dental professionals to deliver predictable high-strength and highly aesthetic restorations is continually increasing. Lines of communication between the clinician and the dental technician, however, are often marked by antagonism and derision and carry potential untoward negative ramifications to the patients being treated. This presentation aims to elucidate straightforward step-by-step protocols for achieving uncommon results while illustrating the inner workings of an efficacious and amicable collaboration between colleagues endeavoring to promote and maintain the oral health of others.
- Review the roadblocks and hurdles that currently exist between the clinician and technician that may hinder the successful treatment of each patient.
- Determine the chairside/benchtop communication protocols and current materials available to the ceramist and dental professional that can be utilized in the restoration of fixed, implant, and removable restorative treatment plans that will ensure the highest quality final product at delivery.
- Develop systems of communication to facilitate aspects of shade analysis, occlusion, tooth position, and overall facial aesthetics.
- Apply new concepts and techniques with the dental clinic and laboratory.
Audience: Dentists, Assistants, Technicians
- Beyond Teeth Bleaching
- Dental Erosion (Lussi)
- Inside The Tooth Outside The Box
- JDT Paper (Cone Lammott 2017)
- Let There Be Light
- Moths To A Flame (Cone 2021)
- One And Done
- VITA Shade Guide Conversion Chart
About the Speaker:
Miles R. Cone, DMD, MS, CDT, FACP
Dr. Miles R. Cone is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and completed a three-year Prosthodontic residency program while serving in the United States Army before being honorably discharged as a field grade officer in the rank of Major. In addition to achieving board certification and diplomate status within his specialty, Dr. Cone has also successfully challenged all the requirements necessary to earn his designation as a Certified Dental Technician.
Currently, Dr. Cone’s career in civilian life revolves around his dual role as the owner of Nuance Dental Specialists, a private practice dental clinic limited to prosthetic dentistry in the heart of Portland, ME, and his role as Editor in Chief of the American College of Prosthodontists quarterly publication, The Messenger. He is also a member of Catapult Educations speakers bureau and evaluates new products for numerous dental manufacturers. When Dr. Cone is not at the chair, in the classroom teaching, or at the lab bench, he can be found lecturing on the international circuit and publishing extensively in peer-reviewed journals.
- This event has passed.