Creative Treatment Planning in Restorative Dentistry:
In today’s world, the clinical practice of restorative dentistry is a very exciting and challenging endeavor. Consistent, predictable, clinical techniques to create quality dental restorations in a time efficient manner form the basis of every procedure that we perform for our patients. Sound fundamentals in tooth preparation, impression making, provisionalization, and delivery will help the dentist deliver high quality restorations to his or her patients.
In this technique filled seminar, Dr. Lowe will discuss creative solutions and restorative techniques that will expand your treatment options for many types of aesthetic and functional dental problems. For a select group of these patients with minor tooth malposition, such as spacing (diastemata), crowding (mesial and/or distal overlapping), and facial-lingual arch form displacement, esthetic and functional correction may be accomplished purely by restorative means by “orthodontically” preparing teeth and/or repositioning the soft tissue envelope.
• To discuss and differentiate all ceramic restorative options for different clinical situations.
• To learn the importance of biologic provisionalization in overall case management
• To learn a proven reliable technique for “flawless” master impression making.
• What is “Perio-by-the-Numbers: Understanding restorative margin position relative to the bony crest. Are there restorative materials that are “perio” specific?
• The importance of biologic width: Diagnosing biologic width issues and learning how the soft and hard tissues can be repositioned using laser technology and traditional surgery to enhance gingival aesthetics and correct minor biologic width encroachment.
• How to handle tooth preparation for the “crowded arch” to predictably create aligned restorations that have the proper restoration contour and position yet control excessive tooth reduction.
• Creative Treatment Planning and Execution….It’s all in the details and it’s all about the options! A review of cases with problems and solutions that “don’t necessarily fit” classic treatment protocols. Can orthognathic surgery and orthodontics be done with only crown and bridge?
Dr. Lowe has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
The Register Online tab is not enabled for this course, to register please use registration brochure or contact Julie Nedell at 315-448-5547.