Laser use, although gaining popularity in Dentistry, remains controversial and for good reason: there are few, if any published controlled studies supporting their use. Dr. Roman Melnyk will reflect on his six year experiences using the PerioLase MVP-7 Nd-YAG laser and give an overview on the different types of lasers used in dentistry today. He will also present the results of a 12 month comparative study between Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) and scaling root planing controls.
Upon completion of the presentation, the attendee should have:
- a basic understanding of the different types of lasers used in dentistry
- which lasers are appropriate for which tissues
- an understanding of the LANAP protocol and its regenerative potential
- observed a number of documented cases of LANAP, of various post treatment durations
- an understanding of other applications of the PerioLase MVP-7 Nd-YAG laser
- been exposed to the results of one of the first controlled studies comparing LANAP and scaling root planing in “real world” applications
Dr. Melnyk has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
The Register Online link is not enabled for this meeting. To register please contact: Dr Devan Berry at 315-824-2250.