Are You Due for Risk Management?
Fortress Dental Risk Management: Root Cause Analysis through Claims Review
In this course, closed dental malpractice claims will be analyzed to identify how and when dentists and their staff can implement risk management and ethical principles to enhance patient safety and reduce untoward outcomes. Topics include extractions and implants, failure to diagnose, nerve injury, and patient selection and management considerations. There are no prerequisites.
- Apply clinical risk management strategies to improve patient safety, mitigate associated risk factors, and reduce untoward outcomes and malpractice claims
- Implement strategies to help prevent failure to diagnose allegations
- Recognize the potential effect technology and applied risk management can have on mitigating and managing nerve injury
Take this course to insure a discount on your premium!
- A certificate will be issued to all participants who successfully complete the seminar.
- Dentists who complete this course will be entitled 10% discount on their liability premiums for a three year period from the Fortress Insurance Company. Other insurance companies may also accept this course for a discount. Please check with your carrier.
About the Speaker
MICHAEL RAGAN, DMD, JD, LLM
Dr. Michael Ragan is a defense trial attorney in a Miami, Florida law firm with 25 years of experience. Dr. Ragan received a B.A. from Syracuse University, a D.M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, a J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center, and an L.L.M. in Health Law from Loyola University College of Law. Dr. Ragan is presently Adjunct Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Nova Southeastern College of Dental Medicine. Dr. Ragan practiced clinical dentistry for fifteen years and supervised healthcare professional liability claims for seven years within the insurance industry. Dr. Ragan was on the Board of Directors of Fortress Insurance Company as well as the Chairman of their Claims Committee and currently serves as Medico-legal Consultant for Fortress. Dr. Ragan is a Fellow of the American College of Dentists, the International College of Dentists, and the American College of Legal Medicine.
Dr. Ragan has nothing to disclose.