Are You Due for Risk Management?
Fortress Dental Risk Management: Root Cause Analysis through Claims Review
In this course, closed dental malpractice claims will be analyzed to identify how and when dentists and their staff can implement risk management and ethical principles to enhance patient safety and reduce untoward outcomes. Topics include extractions and implants, failure to diagnose, nerve injury, and patient selection and management considerations. There are no prerequisites.
- Apply clinical risk management strategies to improve patient safety, mitigate associated risk factors, and reduce untoward outcomes and malpractice claims
- Implement strategies to help prevent failure to diagnose allegations
- Recognize the potential effect technology and applied risk management can have on mitigating and managing nerve injury
Take this course to insure a discount on your premium!
- A certificate will be issued to all participants who successfully complete the seminar.
- Dentists who complete this course will be entitled 10% discount on their liability premiums for a three year period from the Fortress Insurance Company. Other insurance companies may also accept this course for a discount. Please check with your carrier.
About the Speaker
MICHAEL RAGAN, DMD, JD, LLM
Dr. Ragan is an attorney who represents physicians, dentists, and nurses in civil and administrative litigation. Dr. Ragan practiced dentistry for many years and also spent nine years managing healthcare professional liability claims in the insurance industry. Dr. Ragan is a director of Fortress Insurance Company and chairs the Claims Committee.
Dr. Ragan has nothing to disclose.