Implants have become a mainstay of the dental practice over the past several years.
The success rate affords us many options when it comes to replacing missing teeth. This course will help the dental team realize the many possibilities of implant dentistry, and see how digital dentistry is being used to improve patient care. We will analyze in depth the digital workflow, including scanners and treatment planning digitally.
We will talk about the single implant restorations and multiple implants, including abutment selection and cement or screw retained restorations. We will also discuss the role of the entire team in this process. By the end of the course, the dentist should feel confident that he or she can treatment plan and restore implants better. The dentist and team will also realize the rewards of completing such cases. This course is designed for all members of the dental team looking to expand their knowledge and confidence with restoring dental implant restorations.
In the afternoon:
As most of us have heard by now, the full arch implant supported prostheses have really taken off. As a private practitioner and restorative dentist, it was difficult to decipher what all of the hype was about. We have all had patients wanting implants in a day because they saw it on a commercial. What does that really mean? We will take a look at providing full arch solutions to our patients from the eyes of a restorative dentist and a laboratory.
- We will look at the timeline of implant usage in dentistry, and discuss the success rate over time.
- What is the role of digital dentistry in implant dentistry, and does it make sense for my practice?
- What scanners are available, and what can we do with them?
- We will discuss the role of the dentist, the laboratory, and the surgeon to achieve greater success. This “Pyramid of Dental Implant Success” is vital in modern dentistry.
- We will not only look at failures in implant dentistry, but we will look at common failures that have led us to rethink our restorative process.
- Predicting a successful dental implant outcome – what factors must we consider?
- We will leave confident in our treatment planning and restorative options for single units and multiple units.
- Clinical case evaluations for both single and multiple unit cases.
- Full arch options – how to decide what’s best for your patients, and what options are available.
- Restoring the full arch clinical case evaluations and a lab’s perspective.
About the Speaker
Chad C. Duplantis, DDS
Dr. Duplantis received his D.D.S. degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School in 1999.
He continued with Post doctorate training at Baylor College of Dentistry, earning a certificate in Advanced Education in General Dentistry in 2000. He has also applied for, and been confirmed for his Fellowship degree from the Academy of General Dentistry this coming July. He has been in private practice since 2000 in the North Fort Worth, Texas area. In private practice, he treats all ages with an emphasis on restorative and aesthetic dentistry.
Dr. Duplantis is a member of Catapult Education Speakers Bureau and has been a member of several Aesthetic and Restorative Continuums, most recently the Spear Education Study Club. Dr. Duplantis has always had an interest in “high-tech” dentistry and has been incorporating CAD/CAM technology in his practice since 2004. Formerly a CEREC user, he is now a user of the 3M TrueDefinition Oral Scanner and the Glidewell Laboratories TS150 mill. Dr. Duplantis has also written several articles regarding digital dentistry for various dental publications. He has helped 3M on various projects regarding the scanner, and is also a member of the panel of experts on the website TrueDefDoctors.com. He is also a clinical consultant for Glidewell Laboratories.
Dr. Duplantis resides in Keller, Texas with his wife, Ellen, and his children, Austin and Ava. He is an avid cyclist, enjoys shooting sporting clays, and loves to be outdoors.
Should you wish to stay at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown for our meeting, we have secured a group rate. Please use the link below to make your reservation.
Fifth District Dental Society Winter Meeting
Start date: 2/1/18
End date: 2/2/18
Last day to book: 1/1/18
Marriott Syracuse Downtown for 139.00 USD per night