Dental Hygiene is changing rapidly with the focus being in the area of Minimally Invasive Dentistry. This program will cover state of the art concepts and techniques for the hygienist to insure maximum clinical success.
Some of the topics to be covered:
- Cariology: What they didn’t teach you in dental and hygiene school.
- Silver Diamine Fluoride: Truths and Myths
- White Spots: Predictable treatment techniques that lead to complete patient satisfaction.
- The high-tech clinical exam: Products and techniques to make the visit special.
- Demystifying Dental radiology.
- A predictable technique for apprehensive patients.
- Oral cancer detection —current concepts that everyone must know.
- Get patients to say YES to non-surgical Periodontal treatment
- The Diode laser: The ins and outs and why, it is important to have at least one in every office.
- Tooth Whitening: Are all products the same? How can I achieve success 100% of the time?
Audience: Hygienists, Dentists
About the Speaker:
Dr. Ron Kaminer is a 1990 graduate from SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He maintains two practices, one in Hewlett, NY and one in Oceanside, NY. Dr. Kaminer is an international expert in the field of dental lasers and has lectured on lasers and minimally invasive dentistry both nationally and internationally. He is the Director of the Masters of Laser training program in New York and is a clinical instructor with the International College of Laser Education. He evaluates new dental materials for the Catapult Group and sits on the advisory boards and is a clinical consultant for numerous dental manufacturers. He has authored numerous articles on dental lasers and minimally invasive dentistry, is a frequent contributor to Mentor magazine and is an associate editor for Dental Product Shopper. He is a member of the Academy of Laser Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, International College of Facial Esthetic, and American Dental Association. He lives in Hewlett, NY with his wife and three children.