The field of dental implants is undergoing rapid change, with innovations in digital and screw-retained technologies. This comprehensive program will focus on restorative implant treatment planning and solutions. Different treatment options, including screw-retained restorations, single-tooth options, restorative materials including zirconia, multiple spans and all-on-4 will be discussed. Digital integration in treatment, including Nobel Clinician and Smart Fusion will be incorporated. Aesthetic options, including innovative uses of pink porcelain will be addressed. We will also introduce some cutting edge new technologies, such as On-One. The theme of this program will be merging technology and techniques with every day clinical challenges that implant dentists face each day at the office.
Topics to be covered:
- Rationale for use of conical connection implants.
- Screw-retained restorative options, including the Angulated Screw Channel.
- Discussion of restorative materials, including the use of zirconia and eMax.
- Discussion of the proper use of titanium inserts for screw-retained implant crowns.
- Review of Digital planning of implant treatment, including NobelClinician and SmartFusion.
- Review of pink porcelain options, and how to integrate this into restorative solutions.
- Discussion of multiple span implant restorations.
- Comprehensive review of full arch options, including All on 4 and the various conversion techniques.
- Problem solving.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Ira Langstein received his Bachelor of Science from Cornell University in 1983 and Dental degree from New York University College of Dentistry in 1987. He was the recipient of the Oral Pathology Award at NYU. Dr. Langstein trained as a General Practice Resident at the Manhattan V.A. Medical Center from 1987-1988.
Dr. Langstein founded the Center for Restorative, Cosmetic, and Implant Dentistry in Chesapeake, Virginia in 1990 and while there focused on comprehensive dental treatment plans with an emphasis on aesthetics and implants. In 2004, Dr. Langstein joined the Westchester Dental Group in White Plains, NY, and has continued this tradition.
Memberships include the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and the Academy of Osseointegration. Dr. Langstein has achieved Diplomate status in the International Congress of Oral Implantology. He is also a member of the American Dental Association.
Dr. Langstein has lectured extensively on dental implants, speaking for local study groups and major international meetings for the ICOI. He has also given talks for Nobel Biocare, focusing on prosthetic solutions using their unique implant systems.
Dr. Langstein lives in Rye Brook, New York with his wife and two children. He enjoys playing the guitar and bass, writing fiction, and skiing.
Should you wish to stay at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown for our meeting, we have secured a group rate. Please use the link below to make your reservation.
5th District Winter Board Mtg
Start date: 2/2/17
End date: 2/3/17
Last day to book: 1/3/17
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
- Marriott Syracuse Downtown for 139.00 USD per night