On Wednesday, June 8, 2011, Governor Cuomo signed an important piece of legislation into law that will improve public health and safety of New Yorkers statewide.
Beginning January 1, 2012, all dental offices in New York State will be required to have Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) on-site.Dentists in New York are already required to be trained to use these devices. AED’s save lives and now over 10,000 dental offices across the State will have them available. NYSDA’s support of AEDs in dental offices is a result of the indisputable evidence that they greatly improve outcomes for people experiencing cardiac arrest.
While dental offices are not a site where cardiac arrest is likely to occur, as many people frequent dental offices, the availability of an AED provides additional protection for those in a dental office who may experience an unanticipated cardiac event, regardless of the cause.
The importance of early defibrillation cannot be over-emphasized:
- The prognosis of pre-hospital cardiac arrest due to ventricular fibrillation is dependent on the first few minutes following the arrest
- The availability and use of AEDs has resulted in a marked increase in the effectiveness of pre-hospital CPR in saving lives
- It is estimated that an individual’s chances for survival decreases by 10% for each minute that defibrillation is delayed
- Early defibrillation has been shown to be more effective than CPR alone
- The national average for survival after sudden cardiac arrest is 5-6% without immediate defibrillation
- In metropolitan areas, the survival rates are actually lower, 1-2%, leading many communities to equip first responders with AEDs
- Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) programs have raised survival rates up to 60%
Thus, you need to opt for non-oral contraceptive methods such as patches or injections while being on the nootropic medicine to prevent unwanted pregnancy. vgrmalaysia.net Buy Modalert Australia.